Lead Time: 2 Weeks
The StringPot is a displacement sensor that provides an unprecedented level of ease of installation and use. Also known as a draw-wire sensor, string potentiometer, or cable extension transducer, the device uses a lightweight spring-return cable that winds around a precision-machined, grooved spool to measure linear displacement with spectacular simplicity. With three different power and output types to choose from, the StringPot is as easy to use as it is to buy.
Reimagined from the ground up.
Our goal was to start from scratch and create a cost- and size- competitive string potentiometer that would challenge the industry with a new level of simplicity, elegance, and performance. And we did it.
Precision 0.3% Linearity Multi-Turn Potentiometers
We found the best potentiometers on the market to integrate with our StringPot. With ball-bearing support and a rated turn life of half a million, these potentiometers get the job done.
Three Different Custom-Designed Circuit Boards
Our circuit boards combine high-efficiency switching power supplies with low-noise linear regulators and input-filtered differential A/D converters to ensure a clean, accurate digital output.
Custom-Machined Aluminum Windup Spools
Our spools use a proprietary thread to ensure the stainless steel cable wraps the same way every windup cycle, eliminating measurement error due to inconsistent cable wrap and minimizing the possibility of a cable jam, even at high cycle rates.
Three different output types. All digital.
USB - Virtual Com Port
- Windows/Mac/Linux Compatible
- Human-readable ASCII Output
- Easily connected with included micro USB cable
- USB power also available with AirDAQ output
CAN bus (available soon)
- Bus architecture allows multiple devices to communicate with just two wires
- Flexible 12-28VDC power compatible with most aircraft electrical systems
- Rugged, circular connector
- 12-28VDC power also available with AirDAQ output (available now!)
Lead Time: 2 Weeks
Easily and instantly connect any Windows, Mac, or Linux laptop or tablet to any AirDAQ sensors within range with AirDAQ USB.
- INCLUDED with every Featherweight V3.0
- Uses an FTDI FT232R USB-to-Serial adapter for maximum compatibility
- Includes a 4 ft. micro USB cable
- Outputs AirDAQ data following each device's output definition at 115200 baud, 8N1